Who is 'chopped-liver'? A housewife or a working wife? Who is to be preferred? One-income or two-income marriages? This last forty years, we have promoted working couples while leaving single-income marriages to fend for themselves. It should be the other way around. Single-income marriages deserve support. I propose to replace child allowances with a HOMEMAKER ALLOWANCE. The strengthening of the family. And the restoration of middle-class society.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

I Don't Believe In Symbols!

When I read about the petition to try Willie Pickton with another 20 murders (on gopetition.com) I checked it out, and found a left brain/right brain quiz; which I completed; and scored absolute 0 zip 0 zero for belief in symbols.

People believe in Women's Equality as a symbol in a manner of which I am incapable. To me, reality is everything. Meaning and value attach to reality NOT the symbol. We are faced with a choice between two realities. Do we want working couples? or single-income marriages? Promoting the one involves marginalising the other (see below). That's how my brain is hard-wired. A fireman's wife is the equal of a fireman. A lady firefighter is a wannabee. She is not some glorious realisation of symbolic Equality; as the media would have us believe.

Do I believe in Women's Equality! As a symbol, No! In reality, Yes! I am convinced a woman homemaker is the equal of a man breadwinner. I am effectively sure any woman can take the place of any man in almost any group activity. A team of ten men and one woman is as cohesive as a team of eleven men. A pregnant woman is as beautiful as a prime male athlete. That's how I relate to women's equality. A woman who makes a false accusation against a man is as repulsive as a man who resorts to violence against a woman. We are equal. We don't have to turn the world upside down.

Whereas Feminists would destroy men and women in order to make us equal. They are infatuated with the symbol and have no regard for actual people. Female eunuchs would desex everyone to make us equal.

I am trying to be nice. I am trying not to say that people who believe in symbols are anal freaks. (You could try harder than that!) Being nice to women is the first rule of life. But you draw the line at giving away the farm. With Feminism, we gave away the farm. We went from independent farmers to peonage.

I sometimes think I am the only person who actually thinks women are the equals of men in reality. We must get our act together. If women pull blindly against men as equals, we'll get nowhere. Breadwinner and homemaker marriages are the answer.

No comments:

About Me

The same age, height, weight and initials as Cassius Clay, your favourite great uncle was born a Capricorn in the Year of the Snake. (Am I ever wise!) He has a good honours degree from an ancient British university. If you believe in symbols, kneel! In reality he has a lower second BA in geography from Durham. You may rise! (I don't make the rules!) He dropped out in the late Sixties to write up an insight (because I couldn't take to any work routine) and spent his entire life on the project. It was quite unpublishable. It used the idea of a Dual Brain to hold together the conflict between symbol and reality, right and good. Pounded by the hammers of rejection, we came to conclude the best hope for mankind lay in a homemaker allowance. So blog it!